75 N. Martine Avenue
Fanwood, NJ 07023
Phone: (908) 322-5244, Ext. 129
Fax: (908) 322-5237
Lisa Halloran, Administrative Assistant
Monday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 4:00pm & 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
PLEASE CALL OFFICE TO SCHEDULE INSPECTIONS
(No inspections on Mondays and Fridays)
ALL INSPECTIONS ARE DONE DURING THE FOLLOWING APPROXIMATE HOURS:
BUILDING: Frank Spallone
Inspects Mon. – Fri. between 10:00am – 1:00pm
ELECTRICAL: Michael Wright
Inspects Tuesday and Thursday between 2:30pm – 5:30pm
PLUMBING: Chris Jessen
Inspects Tuesday & Thursday between 12:00pm – 3:00pm
FIRE: Tracy Wenskoski
Inspects Tuesday and Thursday between 3:00pm – 6:00pm
REQUIRED INSPECTIONS–PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
Construction work must be inspected in accordance with the State Uniform Construction Code Regulations N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.31B. This agency will carry out such periodic inspections during the progress of work as are necessary to insure the work installed confirms to the approved plans and the requirements of the Uniform Construction Code.
The owner or other responsible person in charge of work must notify this agency when work is ready for any required inspections specified below.
REQUESTS FOR INSPECTIONS MUST BE MADE AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO THE TIME THE INSPECTION IS DESIRED. Inspections will be performed within three (3) business days of the time for which they were requested. The work must not proceed in a manner, which will preclude the inspection until it has been made, and approval given.
REQUIRED INSPECTIONS FOR ALL SUBCODES FOR ONE AND TWO FAMILY DWELLINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Engineering Inspection for Stormwater Management retention areas. You must contact Dominic Carrino of T&M Associates in the Engineering Department to schedule this at 973-614-0005.
- Foundations and all walls up to grade level prior to back filling.
- All concrete floor systems prior to the pouring of the concrete.
- Wall & roof sheathing.
- All structural framing and connections prior to covering with finish or infill material, plumbing underground services, rough piping, water service, sewer, septic services and storm drains, electrical rough wiring panels and service installations, insulation installations.
- Installation of all finished materials, sealing of exterior joints, plumbing, piping, trim and fixtures, mechanical systems equipment.
REQUIRED SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
The applicant by accepting the permit will be deemed to have consented to these requirements:
- Under Pinning Inspection
- Insulation Inspection
- Roof and Re-Roof Inspections
- Smoke Detectors
- Deck Framing Before Installing Deck Materials
- Fireplace Throat and Smoke Shelf Before Continuing Flue
A final inspection is required for each applicable Subcode area before a final Certificate of Occupancy or Approval may be issued. Any violation of the approved plans and/or permit will be noted and the holder of the permit will be notified of discrepancies.
A complete copy of approved plans must be kept on the job site.
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS INFORMATION, PLEASE ASK!
FAILURE TO REQUEST PROPER INSPECTIONS SHALL RESULT IN A PENALTY AS PER N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.3(a)4
Order of Inspection:
- Crawl space framing inspection prior to installation of floor sheathing
- Rough Electric
- Rough Plumbing
- Rough Fire
- Rough Framing
- Above-ceiling (drop ceilings only)
- Final Electric
- Final Plumbing
- Final Fire
- Final Building
PLEASE NOTE: FAILURE TO CALL FOR INSPECTIONS WILL RESULT IN A PENALTY TO BOTH THE CONTRACTOR AND THE HOMEOWNER
Adobe Reader required to read or download documents. Get it free here.