How Do I…
FEE FOR FANWOOD RESIDENTS: $370.00
FEES FOR SCOTCH PLAINS RESIDENTS AND ALL OTHER MUNICIPALITIES: $665.00
PERMITS ARE SOLD AT: Fanwood Police Department Headquarters
Methods of Payment: Checks, Visa and MasterCard NO CASH OR AMERICAN EXPRESS
Please bring your: Completed application (email addresses are required)
NJ Driver’s License, NJ Vehicle Registration
Applications are available on the Fanwood Police Department Website
Refunds and Rules:
- Parking permit refunds are available for unused full months to the end of the calendar. Permit must be returned to Fanwood Borough Hall on Monday to Friday between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M.
- Vehicles must be parked “HEAD IN” to stalls and the permit displayed inside the vehicle on the FRONT WINDSHIELD REAR VIEW MIRROR.
- Parking regulations are enforceable Monday to Friday, 6:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. EXCEPT HOLIDAYS.
BE ADVISED THE DAILY PARKING LOT MACHINE
ONLY ACCEPTS CREDIT CARDS OR MYPAY2PARK MOBILE APP
- Commuters unable to secure a Yearly Permit should use the daily parking at railroad lot on South Ave
- $5.00 Daily fee paid at Machine alongside ticket office using the stall number you parked in.
- Park in the White Stalls before 10:00 A.M. (All other times, any numbered stall).
- http://mpay2park.com/ Mobile app can be used to pay for parking.
The Municipal Clerk is in charge of the administration of the School Board, Primary and General Elections that are held in Fanwood. Voter registrations, verification of registration and voter registration cards can be obtained in the Clerk’s office. There are seven voting districts in the Borough of Fanwood. Below are forms to register to vote, vote by mail and a map locator of our polling places.
Under the Open Public Records Act (OPRA), citizens may request certain public records and information. Use this form to request these records:
Pay your taxes online.
NJMCdirect – the fast, secure and convenient way to access your traffic ticket information online.
A food license is required for every establishment that sells, distributes or serves food/milk/ice cream etc. in the Borough of Fanwood and for food vendors attending special events. All fees are non-refundable. Licenses are non-transferable.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Thursday evening, 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
75 N. Martine Avenue
Fanwood, NJ 07023
Colleen Huehn, Registrar, ext. 126
Patricia Celardo, Deputy Registrar, ext. 120
Apply in person for:
- Marriage Licenses
- Civil Unions
- Domestic Partnerships
- Birth Certificates
- Death Certificates
APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE AND CIVIL UNION APPLICATIONS.
VITAL RECORDS REQUEST
(Download, fill out and bring to Registrar’s office)
Adobe Reader required to read or download documents. Get it free here.
Applications for the senior citizen Handyman program are available at Fanwood Municipal Building. This program is funded through a Community Block Grant It is designed to aid Fanwood seniors, in making minor, non emergency repairs to help keep their homes in good condition so they may live safely in their own homes.
- Some of the repairs are but not limited too:
- Windows and screens, repair.
- Shelves and railing repair, replacement of locks and door handles Installation of fixtures and switches
- Help with moving heavy objects
- Install/check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Minor painting, electrical and plumbing
Eligible seniors pay only for the cost of the materials needed. The program covers the cost of labor.
The income guidelines are up to $46,100 for a single household and $52,650.00 for a 2 person household.
To apply for this program or you would like more information please contact Paulette Drogon, Senior Coordinator at 908-322-8236 ext.147.
There is a blood pressure screening the second Monday of every month except July and August at Forrest Ave Park from 10 to 11 a.m.
Senior citizen bus service is available for food shopping, some medical transportation and other limited trips. Seniors who live in Fanwood must be 55 years or older and self-reliant or accompanied by an aide. Transportation is provided from the Scotch Plains Parks and Recreation Department through shared services. If you need information or an application for bus services please call the Scotch Plains bus service at 908-322-5151. There is additional medical transportation available by calling UC Para-transit to make a reservation at 908-241-8300.
Fanwood Senior Blub meets September through November and January through June on the second and fourth Monday of the month. Meetings start at 10:00a.m. and are held at Forest Ave.
Park on Forest Ave. There are many fun activities planed providing all with socialization and information. If interested contact the president Joe Bruno at 908-889-7262.