How Do I…

The Municipal Clerk is in charge of the administration of the School Board, Primary and General Elections that are held in Fanwood. Voter registrations, verification of registration and voter registration cards can be obtained in the Clerk’s office. There are seven voting districts in the Borough of Fanwood. Below are forms to register to vote, vote by mail and a map locator of our polling places.

Voter Registration (English)   Voter Registration (Spanish)

Under the Open Public Records Act (OPRA), citizens may request certain public records and information. Use this form to request these records:

Records Request Form

Pay your taxes online.

Tax Lookup & Payment

NJMCdirect – the fast, secure and convenient way to access your traffic ticket information online.

Pay My Ticket

A food license is required for every establishment that sells, distributes or serves food/milk/ice cream etc. in the Borough of Fanwood and for food vendors attending special events. All fees are non-refundable. Licenses are non-transferable.

Food Vendor Permit Application


Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Thursday evening, 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM

75 N. Martine Avenue
Fanwood, NJ 07023

Colleen Huehn, Registrar, ext. 126

Patricia Celardo, Deputy Registrar, ext. 120

Apply in person for:

  • Marriage Licenses
  • Civil Unions
  • Domestic Partnerships
  • Birth Certificates
  • Death Certificates


(Download, fill out and bring to Registrar’s office)

Adobe Reader required to read or download documents. Get it free here.

Applications for the senior citizen Handyman program are available at Fanwood Municipal Building. This program is funded through a Community Block Grant It is designed to aid Fanwood seniors, in making minor, non emergency repairs to help keep their homes in good condition so they may live safely in their own homes.

  • Some of the repairs are but not limited too:
  • Windows and screens, repair.
  • Shelves and railing repair, replacement of locks and door handles Installation of fixtures and switches
  • Help with moving heavy objects
  • Install/check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
  • Minor painting, electrical and plumbing

Eligible seniors pay only for the cost of the materials needed.  The program covers the cost of labor.

The income guidelines are up to $46,100 for a single household and $52,650.00 for a 2 person household.

To apply for this program or you would like more information please contact Paulette Drogon, Senior Coordinator at 908-322-8236 ext.147.

There is a blood pressure screening the second Monday of every month except July and August at Forrest Ave Park from 10 to 11 a.m.

Senior citizen bus service is available for food shopping, some medical transportation and other limited trips. Seniors who live in Fanwood must be 55 years or older and self-reliant or accompanied by an aide.  Transportation is provided from the Scotch Plains Parks and Recreation Department through shared services. If you need information or an application for bus services please call the Scotch Plains bus service at 908-322-5151.   There is additional medical transportation  available by calling UC Para-transit to make a reservation at 908-241-8300.

Fanwood Senior Blub meets September through November and January through June on the second and fourth Monday of the month.  Meetings start at 10:00a.m. and are held at Forest Ave.
Park on Forest Ave. There are many fun activities planed providing all with socialization and information. If interested contact the president Joe Bruno at 908-889-7262.

Click Here for the Senior Handyman Intake Form